Swimming In dangerous Waters II:the bailout, the global arms race and you…
Via Michelle Malkin:
1:27pm Eastern. Oh, gross. They swallowed the Crap Sandwich and they’re applauding themselves.
Massachusetts Rep. Barney Frank apparently had a real close relationship with a members of Fannie Mae’s board:
Unqualified home buyers were not the only ones who benefitted from Massachusetts Rep. Barney Frank’s efforts to deregulate Fannie Mae throughout the 1990s.
So did Frank’s partner, a Fannie Mae executive at the forefront of the agency’s push to relax lending restrictions.
Now that Fannie Mae is at the epicenter of a financial meltdown that threatens the U.S. economy, some are raising new questions about Frank’s relationship with Herb Moses, who was Fannie’s assistant director for product initiatives. Moses worked at the government-sponsored enterprise from 1991 to 1998, while Frank was on the House Banking Committee, which had jurisdiction over Fannie.
In bed with the architects of the finical meltdown. WOW…..words fail me. The Democrats EPIC FAIL should give everyone pause.
I guess this puts a lie to that whole DEMOCRATS care more about the economy meme. By puts a lie I mean char-broils and nukes it.
They concede defense and foreign policy to the Republicans (when they do not blame America and toe the marxist line). But they care more, feel your pain, want to help Main Street not Wall Street, etc, etc, ad nausea. ….
Without Wall St. money they would have no campains. No hope, no change we can believe in, change we need, none of this:
Yea…grassroots made by pros who are shilling for Obama. Obama, nancy Pelosi and other Democrats were the best friends that Wall Street could ever have. They encouraged this mess. Wall Street knew, just knew that they could get congress to bail them out.
Don’t worry if you can’t control your self, it’s not your fault. If you spend money like water and give money away, the Congress is here to help you
spend tax dollars it does not have, on a “crisis” that was 10 years in the making. Forcing banks to issue subprime loans caused them to take on debt that made them insolvent. Fannie and Freddie would bank the banks but it they could not maintain the line of credit “‘the government will have to step up and bail them out the way it stepped up and bailed out the thrift industry.” (source Tigerhawk)
Meanwhile in the real world:
- “Russia’s Iskander-E missile systems see strong foreign demand“…”tactical surface-to-surface missile complex designed to deliver high-precision strikes at a variety of ground targets at a range of up to 280 km (170 miles).”…”‘Syria, the UAE, Malaysia, India and some other countries have shown an interest in the missile system,’said Rosoboronexport official Nikolai Dimidyuk.”(Naval Open Source INTelligence)
- Fifty Somali pirates capture the Ukrainian cargo ship MV Faina along with its cargo of weapons and ammunition, and 33 T-72 tanks. (source Wikipedia)
- Three bombs detonate in Maharashtra and Gujarat, India, killing 8 and injuring 80. The attack comes three days after a bomb blast in Delhi killed 3 and injured 30.(also Wikipedia)
- “North Korea has made a sweeping renovation of its old launch pad for intercontinental missiles on its east coast and is preparing to test a new long-range missile, government sources in Seoul said yesterday.”(Naval Open Source INTelligence)
- Massive U.S. Arms Sale to Taiwan; $3B in Patriots, via Wired.com
- Russia’s Occupation of Georgian breakaway region of South Ossetia continues.. now with more car bombs..(h/t Double Plus Undead)
That describes the first half-hour of Sarah Palin’s performance against Joe Biden tonight. She was calm, commanding and articulate. She repeatedly knifed Biden with a smile and showed why she is one of the most effective communicators in American politics. I’ve been watching Presidential debates since 1960, and I can’t recall a more one-sided matchup than the first 30 minutes of tonight’s debate. It was all Sarah Palin.
After that it equalized a bit, and by the last half-hour I’d guess that television sets were turning off across America. But there is no doubt who prevailed in tonight’s encounter: the Sarah Palin we loved at the convention is back. In fact, she was markedly better tonight. There were a number of good moments. One of my favorites was her “shout out” to her sister’s third grade class back in Alaska, who got extra credit for watching the debate. This was one of many reminders that, to the average television viewer, Palin is one of “us” and not one of “them.”
(source Power Line).
I do not trust Obama and Biden. Biden has proven that he can:
- place himself in a parallel universe where we kicked Hezbollah out of Lebanon (Michael J. Totten)
- Not know
lieabout supporting Palestinian elections that put Hamas in control of Gaza. (LGF)
- Associate with a man who friends get Raided By FBI (Gateway Pundit)
- “place upon the American public a responsibility which is not theirs: bailing out financial institutions after they made irresponsible business decisions.” U.S. Congressman Mike PenceVia JAWA
But we can so totally trust “Perhaps the son of an African communist who never stepped onto the shores of the continental United States until he was an adult, who then thrust himself into further radicalization through left-wing university indoctrination, radical foundations, Marxist activist groups, a racist cult, and the most corrupt political machine in modern America, shouldn’t be lecturing America on patriotism.” Confederate Yankee.
There is no hope, no change, only Chaos.
Under Obama/Biden the world will see more nukes. More fighting (Obama wants to go to A’stan, so much for troops coming home). More TBM’s flying thrugh the air. THAAD? National Missile Defense? Forget it. He does not care…or if he does he’ll nickel and dime it. Budget balance? Forget about it. Government needs to spend spend spend……Kenyes lives on…pouring money down the drain. If you loved the Carter years would cream yourself over hope and change. A hollow military, spending on programs that do nothing execpt breed more 60’s hippe radicals. President so popular that his supports commit voter fraud to ensure he wins.
The liberal ‘net? filled with lies. Obama is a fish swimming in their sea. They pump him up. The only reason Obama is a star is because the media put him there. The MSM will spin, cover up and lie. Obama will use that silver tongue of his to charm you away from actually paying attention to the world around you. You can cash your government check and watch your tv while the world goes straight to hell.
but fark it, I should just shut up and swallow
the lies and propaganda
vote for change we need! Here are some good reasons to vote Obama!
Vote Democrat it’s easier than getting a job (or have to face the music).
UPDATE: “Cowboys and Secret Agents
A trans-Atlantic lesson, told through easy-to-understand stereotypes!
By Bill Whittle” Via National Review Online comes an article about paying attention to the real world. And the differences between the real American and the world the chosen one lives in.