Unable to fight against real evil, the left (any many in the current administration) have been busy with a phony war.
The Department of Homeland Security issues a report about rightwing extremist activity. “It warns that fringe organizations are gaining recruits, but it provides no numbers.” it goes on to target returning veterans. A top democrat was “dumbfounded” by this waste of taxpayers money. Several senators are trying to get specifics from the DHS (First, your report states that “Returning veterans possess combat skills and experience that are attractive to rightwing extremists…” without listing any data to support such a vile claim against our nation’s veterans.)
Yet leftist terrorists (animal rights wackos and eco-thugs) are not mentioned. Nor are domestic terrorists like Bill Ayers and Bernardine_Dohrn.
Veterans have had to face the ugly stereotype of being psycho nut jobs ever since Hollywood started producing movies like ‘First Blood” (written by a man who never went to the war). The American Legion’s national commander, David K. Rehbein has fired back.
In spite of this incomplete, and, I fear, politically-biased report, The American Legion and the Department of Homeland Security share many common and crucial interests, such as the Citizen Corps and disaster preparedness. Since you are a graduate of New Mexico Girls State, I trust that you are very familiar with The American Legion. I would be happy to meet with you at a time of mutual convenience to discuss issues such as border security and the war on terrorism. I think it is important for all of us to remember that Americans are not the enemy. The terrorists are.
What is important is recognizing the enemy. But the left would rather fight strawmen.
Now the taxpayers are rising up against the fiscal spending orgy of the past few months. “Tea Parties” have sprung up around the country.
The left and the media went nuts:
- “50,000 Americans assemble peacefully to protest high taxes, massive spending, and endless bailouts, and all the liberal media can do for a week is recycle each other’s lame teabagging jokes on prime time TV? (Michelle Malkin
- “Liberal reporters used gutter sexual slang to describe the Tea Party protesters.” (Gateway pundit)
- “CNN Correspondent Claims Tea Parties ‘Anti-Government,’ ‘Anti-CNN’” , The report causes CNN to shut down her e-mail inbox due to outpouring of complains. (Newsbusters)
- Tea part protester fears for his safety after CNN makes a celebrity out of him. (Gateway Pundit)
- “read Henry Rollins’ Dispatches section on his website, and you come across his characterization of the tea parties happening around the country as “Small groups of grouchy white people acting out and being ridiculous,” not only do you realize that Rollins is a self-hating grouchy white person, but also that we have entered a whole new era of Rock ‘n Roll: The Ass-Kissing Years”(Big Hollywood)
- “The Left does not care about you, peasants”, a roundup of the non-reaction/denial by what passes for the intelligentsia of the left. (Patterico)
On the real war on terror, the left shoots itself in the foot:
- “Networks Use Misleading Gun Statistic in Reporting on Mexican Drug War”, Newsbusters highlights inflated untrue stats about the troubles to the south.
- NYT Hyperventilates Over ‘Brutal’ CIA Tactics Via Little Green Footballs comes the Gray lady getting the vapors over rendition and waterboarding while ignoring the torture the terrorists put their captives through.
- Al Sharpton: ““Pirates Are the “Voluntary Coast Guard” . . .from Patterico
- Ties to Wall Street may spell doom for the Administration’s bank rescue plans. “…because the programs have been designed to help Wall Street rather than create a viable financial system, Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz said. ” via Bloomberg.
- About those Tax Day Tea parties: “IRS workers see double standard on tax errors”(Chicago Tribune)
“The Treasury secretary, who oversees the IRS, didn’t pay all his taxes. Neither did five other top nominees for the Obama administration, or their spouses.
Now, as Wednesday’s tax deadline looms, some Americans are wondering why they should comply with the arcane requirements of the Internal Revenue Service when top administration officials failed to do the same. Even some IRS employees are upset at what they see as a double standard.”
The left is even trying to turn our language against us. It seems dissent went from being patriotic to being idiotic and racist.
What will come out of all this?
“Europe had better prepare for its own defense. So should Japan. They may get more expressions of outrage when crises loom, more calls for U.N. action, but not much more than that. Expect a world of more nukes, not fewer — in direct proportion to Obama’s calls for their entire elimination.
In short, we have a return of Jimmy Carter’s postnational idealism, but this time with the charismatic face of a Ronald Reagan. For 40 years we have had well-meaning moral equivalence, utopian pacifism, and multiculturalism taught in our schools, and we are now learning that all that was not just therapy, but has insidiously become our national gospel. The world is hearing a deeply pessimistic view of what America was and is — now offered in mellifluous cadences by a messianic president who not so long ago in more unguarded moments called for more oppression studies and reparations.”
President of the World
The globe is hearing a deeply pessimistic view of what America was and is.
By Victor Davis Hanson
What happens when someone doesn’t want to change, when people don’t want to “hope”?