Chew on this: Lawyers, Guns and Money
“If the facts are on your side, bang on the facts. If the law is on your side, bang on the law. If neither the facts nor the law is on your side, bang on the table.”
— Old lawyer adage
Guns go bang, Chrysler’s investors get told where to stick it and reality bites:
- Normandy beach will be closed on the anniversity of D-Day. can’t have the great unwashed spoil a good photo-op. (Big Hollywood, h/t Flopping Aces).
- Chrysler gets bailed out, the investors are bullied and then told where to go:
“The White House’s auto task force asked the lenders to accept about 33 cents on the dollar for $6.9 billion of loans and offered them no equity in the company, while unions were given a 55 percent majority stake in exchange for expunging $4.6 billion of debt to a retirement fund.”
- The Obama Administration takes money from hedge funds and other rich people and then bashes the rich and raises their taxes (and ours too). Brilliant! (h/t Hotair, Michelle Malkin)
- And Washington is pulling the rug out from under California (at the behest of the Unions who endores “hope and change”) (SondraK)
- Actress Victoria Principal pulls a gun on her maid. Yes, I know guns can be bad….
- …but look at the good the armed citizen can do (h/t doubleplusundead, Jawa)
- Vote for the one! Get a Free CAR!!1!! (wait a minute, where does the money for the cars come from…Ace o’Spades deos the math)
- ACORN ‘activist’ gets his ass handed to him by Glenn Beck. (Gatewaypundit)
- LGF sonds the alarm: Anti-Vaccine nuts are Bringing Diseases Back! YEA YEA…
- Nancy Pelosi lied, the truth died (Gatewaypundit)
- Does anyone in the Whitehouse have a clear plan for GITMO prisoners? (Realclear Politics)
- The path to peace does not include blaming Israel for everything, but don’t tell the administration that. (NY Post, h/t hotair).
- China’s carrier-killing ballistic missiles have the US Navy scared, but David Axe (in true lefty fashion) tries to snark and pour cold water on the issue.
- It seems New Yorker’s were not impressed by Air Force One’s flyby of their skyline. So not impressed that White House Military Office director Louis Caldera has
been thrown under the busresigned. But at least we get to download the $357,000 photo. (Michelle Malkin, Hot Air)
- Obama and the 9/11 families: They were not impressed by him either. (JAWA)
And a fifty-year old cartoon predicts the Age of Obama: