It is a terrible thing, make someone dependent on something, so dependent that they need it. Then the thing is taken away. A real dick move right?
For decades, the left as sold college and the welfare state as a golden ticket. No worries, big Santa Government will pay for it all. Until the country goes broke:
- “Their ideas don’t work and they know it, so now all they can do is try to make you think their failure is somehow a statement of principle” Dailycaller.com on the 150 to 200 square feet of living space “houses” appearing in Washington DC. (via Insty)
- “Eleven states, including California, have more residents who draw money from the government—as employees, pensioners, or welfare recipients—than people employed in the private sector.“: Walter Russell Mead
- “Welfare Spending Dwarfs Poverty” and “It’s Time To Stick It To the Blue States” both via Powerline
- “Detroit CouncilPerson Puts Teh Onion Out of Business“: Patterico.com
- “Hey, Fat Cat Unions: Pay Your “Fair Share””, Michelle Malkin
- “UNPATRIOTIC MILLIONAIRES: Obama-Endorsing WaPo Rushes To Pay Dividends Before Obama Tax Increase Kicks In.” Instaundit alerts the 99%!!
The left loves socialism as long as other people pay for it. If you disagree, your a racist/sexist/member of the 1% and hate people.
I’ll tell the left who’s racist. Racism is telling people that they don’t have to work or earn a living. Racism is telling them to vote year after year and their problems will be solved by someone else. Racism is kicking the can forward, telling the people of today that their problems are someone else’s fault and if they just hate them enough and tax them enough their problems will be solved. And then they toss around blame and offer no solutions when it all goes south. When the money runs out they have nothing. And the people hurt the most are those who need that money they really have nothing.
“City Council member JoAnn Watson said Tuesday the citizens support of Obama in last month’s election was enough reason for the president to bailout the struggling the city. (Click the video player to listen)
“Our people in an overwhelming way supported the re-election of this president and there ought to be a quid pro quo and you ought to exercise leadership on that,” said Watson. “Of course, not just that, but why not?”
The White House has expressed no plans to bailout the cash-crunched city that some experts say could run out of money by the end of the year.
The federal government has bailed out cities in the past, however. In 1975, President Gerald Ford extended more than $2 billion in credit to New York City to help it avoid a financial collapse.”
Detroit councilwoman to Obama: We voted for you, now bail us out: By FOX 2 News Staff DETROIT
Heh, Gerald Ford. Republican Gerald Ford? The stumbling Chevy Chase character bailed out New York City? Yes he did.
This time there will be no bailouts for the blue states (and cities). Sure big labor, Wall Street and K Street got theirs, but the people who need the blue model to live will get screwed. They sowed a crop of class warfare, dreams and envy, they will reap red ink.