From around the internets:
- From Zombie: (H/T: Little Green Footballs)
A substantial portion of the Left’s strategy during this campaign is to create the perception that as many people as possible are supporting Obama. They strive to not simply show that he has a lot of supporters (which, obviously, he has), but to purposely inflate or exaggerate the numbers in order to make his support seem larger than it really is.
Go read the whole essay.
- Via Ace: Mad jack Murtha to his constituents :F**k You!
- Plumber takes on the Chosen One, guess who wins?
- Gee, A Taliban leader was a Pakistani military officer, who whoulda thunk it? (h/t JAWA and ROA)
- Jesse Jackson‘s support of Obama:
Jackson believes that, although “Zionists who have controlled American policy for decades” remain strong, they’ll lose a great deal of their clout when Barack Obama enters the White House.
- Former Spook notices a similarity between Jackson’s remarks and those of former Air Force Gen. Merrill “Tony” McPeak. Wow, can’t they give Israel a rest for once?
- A CNN editor advises U.S. Senators to act more European, while a CBS morning host scoffs when former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani suggests that the media may be biased. What plaent do these people live on, it sure anit the Earth.
- From Gateway Pundit: Obama Co-Sponsored Legislation to Shield ACORN From Lawsuits and Sara Palin tells the Obama to rein’em in, only to have the chosen one snark back.
- Via Patterico: Tax cuts! The Chosen One has spoken! But before Obama can cut your taxes:
“The Tax Foundation estimates that under the Obama plan 63 million Americans, or 44% of all tax filers, would have no income tax liability and most of those would get a check from the IRS each year. The Heritage Foundation’s Center for Data Analysis estimates that by 2011, under the Obama plan, an additional 10 million filers would pay zero taxes while cashing checks from the IRS.
The total annual expenditures on refundable “tax credits” would rise over the next 10 years by $647 billion to $1.054 trillion, according to the Tax Policy Center. This means that the tax-credit welfare state would soon cost four times actual cash welfare. By redefining such income payments as “tax credits,” the Obama campaign also redefines them away as a tax share of GDP. Presto, the federal tax burden looks much smaller than it really is.
The political left defends “refundability” on grounds that these payments help to offset the payroll tax. And that was at least plausible when the only major refundable credit was the earned-income tax credit. Taken together, however, these tax credit payments would exceed payroll levies for most low-income workers.“
- Foregin money in the Obama Campagin? Say it aint so!:
“Obama’s overseas (foreign) contributors are making multiple small donations, ostensibly in their own names, over a period of a few days, some under maximum donation allowances, but others are aggregating in excess of the maximums when all added up. The countries and major cities from which contributions have been received France, Virgin Islands, Planegg, Vienna, Hague, Madrid, London, AE, IR, Geneva,Tokyo, Bangkok, Turin, Paris, Munich, Madrid, Roma, Zurich, Netherlands, Moscow, Ireland, Milan, Singapore, Bejing, Switzerland, Toronto, Vancouver, La Creche, Pak Chong, Dublin, Panama, Krabi, Berlin, Geneva, Buenos Aires, Prague, Nagoya, Budapest, Barcelona, Sweden, Taipei, Hong Kong, Rio de Janeiro, Sydney, Zurich, Ragusa, Amsterdam, Hamburg, Uganda, Mumbia, Nagoya, Tunis, Zacatecas, St, Croix, Mississauga, Laval, Nadi, Behchoko, Ragusa, DUBIA, Lima, Copenhagen, Quaama, Jeddah, Kabul, Cairo, Nassau(not the county on Long Island,lol), Luxembourg (Auchi’s stomping grounds), etc,etc,etc,
- Credit Card Fraud: $hange we need. (h/t/:Ace o’ Spades
- Obama voted “present” on Fannie/Freddie reform